Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent


Biography 


Dear music lovers, 

My name is Johan Franz Langhendries (aka Johan Franz Lang) and at the age of two I became intrigued and interested in music. I was a very quiet child and I often listened to music coming from my father's radio. Also he was a musician. Pop, Rock, Funk, Jazz, Classical Music, etc. A little later, age 5, my grandmother learned me what a C-chord was, on her piano, in the different octaves. Later on, she learned me also the other chord-scales. At age six, I started to make my own drums with wash-powder boxes and I used wooden kitchen spoons to make the sound of a “drum”. When I was 8, several albums like, for example; “Let it be” by The Beatles, Block Buster by The Sweet, Black & Blue by The Rolling Stones etc... were a part of my drum exercise experiences as a young kid.

Music Study's: At the age of 9 I learned to play on a real drum-kit, learned to play trumpet for six years, to fill up my evenings on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. On Saturday morning and Wednesday afternoon I had to go to the music theory class and learned how to write music etc. At the age of 12 I had my first second-hand drum-kit and at sixteen I started playing in a Punk-Rock-band. Lot’s of fun indeed! Age 18 I went to study at private school ‘Haleweyn ‘Jazz-Studio’ in Antwerp, and learned a lot more about Jazz music and how to play it... I Love to play Jazz, but Funk and Rock became the biggest part of my drumming experience.*- When I was 29 I followed a sound engineering class for two years. Learned Analogue & Digital Recording and how to do the P.A. for concerts. Since 2004 I do the mastering for my own albums but sometimes also for other friends musicians.

Experience; 
I’ve played as a professional drummer in many bands (Belgium). In Punk, Rock, New Wave, Funk and Jazz bands. I had my first professional contract for 5 years with ‘Citizen Jane’ (Jazz/Pop) at the age of 23 and recorded one cd called 'Laureen' with that band. I did many live concerts with that band in Belgium and Germany. We did big concerts and smaller gigs etc. I’ve been studio recording drummer too and have worked for approximately 40 years as a drummer. I still do play my drums, but more in smoother way, and keep up learning.

Projects since 2004; 
I work on three different projects; Wannislas, Johan Franz Lang feat. Space Orchestra and with my band Abstinent Dazzle. With my first project 'Wannislas' (aka) I play, compose & produce some Funk, Rock, Reggae, Drum&Bass, Progressive House and sometimes a little Jazz Rock (Fusion) music. My second project Johan Franz Lang (aka) feat. Space Orchestra I make some kind of Contemporary "Classical"/ Modern music, Chill-out, Space Ambient and Easy listening. With my band we play almost all the songs, dance-tracks and other music styles I just mentioned.

I hope you’ll like our music and we will appreciate some comments and critics as well. It also would be an honor to see some sharing of our music on social media !!
Thanks a lot for your precious time!
All @ Studio ‘The Muse’
Abstinent Dazzle Music Productions

Johan F. Langhendries 
Creative Executive 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Music I Love !! Just click on the Links below to hear Music that I really Love;  'Hollow Talk' by Tiny Fighter    The rest will follow...

behind the window